- As a business owner, strategic planner, or purchasing agent, part of your role is managing your vendors. While researching suppliers, perhaps you have noticed products or services referencing ISO 9001. What does this designation mean—and why should you care about it?
- The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has developed an international standard for requirements for a company’s quality management system (affectionately known as a QMS). Although ISO is the organization that came up with these standards, it’s important to note that they do not certify companies, rather it establishes an international system of Registrars that audit individual company’s compliance with the ISO 9001 standard. Firms with a QMS that meets the standard are given a registration certificate indicating compliance. In general, a firm that has an ISO 9001 registration has a quality system in place that ensures that it has the policies and the procedures in place to offer products and services that meet expectations and comply with applicable specifications.
The Benefits to Our Customers:
ISO 9001 means that our company’s processes included in the QMS are audited regularly to ensure that we are offering the highest possible quality of service.
Companies working with ISO 9001 registered businesses will reap the following benefits:
- Quick resolution of customer issues.
- Constant review and monitoring of process performance and part conformance.
- Reliable delivery of quality products.
- Flexibility of production schedules.
K-zell Metals is proud to be an ISO 9001 registered metal fabrication company. If you have any questions regarding our ISO registration, services, or how we might be able to help with your future projects, please give us a call.
To work with K-zell, request a quote today!