As a CNC Mill Operator, you would be running a TRD-25, long bed mill with a 25-foot by 2-foot bed. Much of the work on this mill is to add features to lengths of square and rectangular tubes.
As a CNC Mill Operator, you will be part of a skilled team of craftsmen working with state of the art machinery. Your input will help determine how we approach each project, and develop the plan for turning customer designs into quality finished products. You will be tasked to read and interpret fabrication drawings as you layout and machine the various parts of the project. You will be challenged to produce parts pushing the limits of what the mill can machine. You will use your machining skills to produce exacting and cosmetically appealing products. We encourage thinking outside the box to make us more competitive.
- Carefully review and interpret Shop Drawings & machining programs to make good parts the first time.
- Verify tooling selection, inspect tooling, set tooling and run first article parts.
- Run test samples to help determine correct tools, feeds & speeds for new materials.
- Run production parts, and perform periodic in-process inspection of parts.
- Assist and participate in cross-training with other team members to enhance everyone’s skill level.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of tooling such as robotic weld fixtures and inspection gages.
- Participate in Project reviews both in bid and contract award stages to ensure product manufacturability.
- Help solve fabrication problems.
Your skills and credentials
- Above-average computer skills
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing and fabrication experience, with preferably 1 year of operating a mill or lathe
- Minimum of 6 month CNC mill experience.
- Skilled in the use of Calipers and protractors.