As a CNC Laser Operator, you will be part of skilled team of craftsmen working with state of the art machinery. Your input will help determine how we approach each project, and develop the plan for turning customer designs into quality finished products. You will be tasked to read and interpret fabrication drawings as you review laser nests and programs to cut the various parts of the project. You will be challenged to produce parts pushing the limits of what the laser can do. You will help develop and document the best cutting parameters for different materials. You will adjust the cutting parameters to produce exacting and cosmetically appealing products. We encourage thinking outside the box to make us more competitive.
1. Carefully review and interpret Shop Drawings & cutting nests & programs to make good parts the first time.
2. Adjust parameters and add micro joints to parts.
3. Verify laser parameter selection, set & adjust, inspect cut quality, materials and run first article parts.
4. Run prototype samples to help determine correct cutting parameters for new materials.
5. Run production parts, and perform periodic in-process inspection of parts.
6. Load and unload material on the Material Handling system.
7. Verify proper material and thickness are loaded onto the laser.
8. Help shake out laser-cut parts.
9. Assist and participate in cross-training with other team members to enhance everyone’s skill level.
10. Assist in the design and fabrication of tooling such as robotic weld fixtures and inspection gages.
11. Participate in Project reviews both in bid and contract award stages to ensure product manufacturability.
11. Help solve fabrication problems.
1. Use shop computer for automated timecards and Quality documents
2. Other duties as assigned.
Your skills and credentials:
1. Above average computer skills.
2. Minimum of 2 years manufacturing and fabrication experience, with preferably 3 years of sheet metal experience.
3. Minimum of 1 year of Laser or Plasma table experience.
4. Skilled in the use of Calipers and protractors.