K-zell Metals operates three Panasonic Robotic Welding Cells, GMAW welding Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum.
As a Robotic Welder Operator, you will be part of skilled team of craftsmen working with state of the art machinery. Your input will help determine how we approach each project, and develop the plan for turning customer designs into quality finished products. You will be tasked to read and interpret fabrication drawings as you install and weld the various parts of the project. You will be challenged to produce parts pushing the limits of what can be welded from parts requiring careful sequencing of welds to welding thin materials. You will use your skills to produce exacting and cosmetically appealing products. We encourage thinking outside the box to make us more competitive.
1. Carefully review and interpret Shop Drawings & welding programs to make good parts the first time.
2. Verify tooling selection, inspect tooling, set tooling in place and run first article parts.
3. Perform weld samples and Weld Procedure tests to qualify welding parameters for new materials.
4. Run production parts, and perform periodic inprocess inspection of parts.
5. Assist and participate in cross training with other team members to enhance everyone’s skill level.
6. Assist in the design and fabrication of tooling such as robotic weld fixtures and inspection gages.
7. Participate in Project reviews both in bid and contract award stages to insure product manufacturability.
8. Help solve fabrication problems.
Your skills and credentials:
1. Above average computer skills.
2. Minimum of 5 years manufacturing and fabrication experience, with preferably 3 years of sheet metal experience
3. Minimum of 6 months of Welding experience
4. Skilled in the use of Calipers and protractors.