K-zell Metals is your complete source for automated welding services including GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) or MIG (Metal Inert Gas) welding. Our robotic welding uses a programmable robot combined with our in-house designed and manufactured fixtures to completely automate the welding process. This provides fully defined programmed welding procedures that allow for precise weld size control and eliminate over welding.
We work with a variety of materials including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum and copper. Our capabilities include prototyping, contract manufacturing and short run-high frequency production. We can weld at a minimum thickness of 1/16” to unlimited with full rotational part sizes up to 118” x 43.3”. Our value-added services include laser cutting and CNC press brakes using upstream equipment that produces a tighter tolerance. We can perform robotic welding services for a variety of industries including, but not limited to automotive, medical, military, industrial, petrochemical, construction, agricultural, electronic, semiconductor, art, food equipment, material handling and power generation.
- Volumes of 50 parts or more per lot run or high cycle time per part (150+” of weld)
- Parts requiring documented control of welding procedure
- Parts that are difficult for manual welders to make consistently the same
- Parts that require precise weld distortion control
- Parts requiring tighter dimensional tolerance compliance
- Sub-assemblies where stack up tolerances are a concern
- Existing production of manual weldments are in a backlog
- Reduce or eliminate manual welding labor costs
- Improved weld/product consistency
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Reduced cycle/lead time
- Controlled/repeatable weld heat input
- Lower defect/non-conformance rate
- Improve overall product quality and appearance
- 'Make exact' over multiple releases and production pauses
Watch this video that shows how adding two pre-engineered robotic weld cells have helped us increase productivity and more aggressively bid work:
Our experienced welders meet the following industry standards:
- ISO 9001 (International Organization for Standardization)
- AWS D16.4 – Spec for the Qual of Robotic Arc Welding Personnel
- ITAR Registered
Contact us today and let us help you fulfill your automated welding needs.