K-zell Metals is your complete source for CNC Rotary Draw Mandrel Bending. Our Horn CNC65TBRE machine combined with our tube bending software package can produce tight tolerance parts with great repeatability and efficiency resulting in lower production costs and higher quality parts.
We have an extensive stocked tooling list from ¾” OD up through 2-1/2” OD round along with several pipe sized, square, and rectangular toolsets. Custom tooling configurations are available on a case by case basis. We offer solutions for unique or asymmetrical profile bending in addition to our standard tube profiles.
Our machine also has a vision system that allows us to precut copes and other features into the tubes before bending which greatly reduces the secondary post forming processes.
CNC Rotary draw bending is a process used to bend tubing, bar shapes, and extrusions when the centerline radius of the bend is less than 7x the material diameter. Rotary draw bending can be completed with or without a mandrel.
Benefits of CNC Rotary Draw Bending with or without Mandrel (Bend Radius < 7X Tube Diameter):
• Tube Distortion is greatly reduced
• Lower defect / nonconformance rate
• Improve overall product quality and appearance
• ‘Make exact’ over multiple releases and production pauses
The Ideal Part for CNC Tube Bending Processing:
• Volumes of 50 parts or more per lot run or complex bending sequences
• Parts requiring tighter dimensional tolerance control
• Parts that are difficult for manual benders to make consistently
• Parts that require precise bend angle and tangent location control
• Parts used in Robotic Welding processes
• Sub-assemblies where stack up tolerances are a concern
• Existing production of manual bending quantities are in a backlog
Our Rotary Draw Mandrel Bending Process:
• 3D Model development of part
• Discussion of critical features and specific dimensional tolerances to be incorporated into the CNC program
• Tooling development (As required)
• First article development and inspection
• CNC program adjustment
• Initial production run and verification of CNC program
• Full scale production run