JOB SUMMARY: Estimator is responsible for preparing Quotes and Estimates using an MRP system. The Estimator reads prints and makes estimates from conceptual prints, determines the most cost effective methods of manufacturing new work, and develops fabrication plans. Daily interaction with customers, vendors, and other employees to determine job feasibility. Assist staff to source and price material for quotes. Based on MRP and Management request, purchase raw materials, steel, stainless steel, aluminum and other metal products. Position will also purchase hardware, shop consumables and tooling.
- Produce the highest quality work, in accordance with and offer suggestions for improving K-zell Metals’ quality program.
- Work productively and safely by following all company policies and procedures.
- Help track job and shop cost by accurately entering information as required on the computer and shop records.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare labor and material estimates.
- Review and analyze actual costs to find ways to improve shop efficiency.
- Prepare estimates.
- Quote work to customers.
- Competitively bid material purchases with vendors to ensure best pricing and delivery.
- Maintain K-zell MRP, evaluate, and maintain stocking levels for material and hardware.
- Monitor and maintain K-zell Purchase Order System.
- Maintain Material Certifications and ProfitFab Vendor files
- Analyze bid win / lose data for marketing and pricing improvements.
- Works within and promotes corporate values.
- Compares prices, material and customer requirements for vendor selection.
- Coordinate incoming shipping and monitor PO fulfillment.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 5 years experience estimating shop labor and doing material takeoffs.
- 5 years fabrication experience.
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent at basic math and geometry.
- High School Grad. Tech School Desirable.
- Basic CAD or SolidWorks experience a plus
- Proficient computer skills required. In addition to Microsoft Office, experience with an MRP system is required
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.